The self-study continuing education course includes an online interactive digital presentation with an annotated bibliography for reference and further study. The online portion of the course is a video based, modular design that allows multiple team members to have separate logins in order to track their individual progress through the program. Sections include Biofilm and Subgingival Antimicrobial Delivery; Treatment Planning and Problem Solving; Surgery, Bone Loss and Implants; Research; Practical Steps, Oral Wound Therapy and Oral-Systemic Implications. This program offers 3.0 CE upon completion of a test.
At the end of this program you will know:
- How oral biofilms form.
- How the host responds to biofilms.
- the benefits and limitations of antimicrobial and mechanical therapies for biofilm control.
- How and why antimicrobials with oxidative/reduction reactions effectively manage biofilms.
- How to incorporate localized antibiofilm therapies into existing treatment plans.
- When infected cells must be treated with surgery.
- How to help patients improve homecare regimens.