Our live seminars are our most thorough educational presentations, conducted in a lecture format with interactive opportunities to ask questions. Content challenges attendees to think about periodontal disease as chronic wound care. In-depth research and science demonstrate the differences between acute and chronic wound care therapies and highlight the importance of oxygen therapy. Daily treatment with antimicrobials effectively shift the microbial ecology of the periodontal pocket from an environment that was conducive to disease to one that favors health. Case studies follow patients from diagnosis to treatment to years of maintenance. Practical application content reviews how to incorporate adjunctive prescription trays into periodontal protocols and who are good patient candidates.
At the end of these programs you will know:
- How oral biofilms form.
- How the host responds to biofilms.
- the benefits and limitations of antimicrobial and mechanical therapies for biofilm control.
- How and why antimicrobials with oxidative/reduction reactions effectively manage biofilms.
- How to incorporate localized antibiofilm therapies into existing treatment plans.
- When infected cells must be treated with surgery.
- How to help patients improve homecare regimens.